This sermon is an overview of the purpose and meaning of the baptism in the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is essential in the life of a Christian. Please share this post if it is helpful to you.
- What has been your experience with the Holy Spirit? (past church traditions, camps, personal experience). What was good and what was bad?
- Read Acts 1:4-9. What is the purpose of the coming of the Holy Spirit?
- Who can receive the Holy Spirit? John 7:37-39
- When do you feel empowered by the Holy Spirit? When do you feel spiritually weak? What makes the difference for you?
- What can you do to become aware of the Presence of God (the Holy Spirit) in your life?
For further study, please read The Holy Spirit by Jerry Cook. https://www.amazon.com/Holy-Spirit-Whats-Big-Deal/dp/148233061X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3MWCD7EL477VY&keywords=The+Holy+Spirit+jerry+cook&qid=1681318652&sprefix=the+holy+spirit+jerry+cook%2Caps%2C146&sr=8-1
Also, Glenn Erichsen’s podcast, “Spirit-Led Hope” is an excellent resource (you can find it on Spotify).